The NuWave OxyPure™ Smart Air Purifier is very easy to clean and maintain. Simply follow these steps:
- Clean the exterior with a cloth or paper towel. If there is any type of build-up, use a damp cloth. Do not use any harsh abrasives or cleaning pads on any part of the unit.
- Clean the Air Quality sensor that is on the back of the unit. Remove the cover and use cloth or paper towel to remove any build-up, dust, etc.
- Clean the odor sensor grill opening that is on the right side of the unit with a soft cloth. Do not spray anything in or around the odor sensor grill.
- Clean/Change the filters as follows:
- Open the Filter Slot Cover
- Remove filters that require cleaning or replacement
- To clean the Stainless-Steel Pre-Filter, remove any dust or lint with a paper towel or vacuum, then clean with warm, soapy water. Rinse thoroughly and dry the filter before reinstalling it into the OxyPure™.
- To clean the Bio-Guard filter, spray it with a mild degreaser and allow it to sit for 2-3 minutes. Submerge the filter in warm water, shake and remove. Repeat this process until the filter is clean. Rinse with warm water and allow it to dry completely before reinstalling it into the OxyPure™.
- Do not try to clean the Ozone Emission Removal Filter or the HEPA/Activated Carbon Combo Filter.